Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Calm Under Pressure by Karina

My espousal for yoga is so strong that I am a second year yoga student. I enjoy the practice of yoga more and more as each day passes. 
Unlike my first year, I consciously chose yoga this year because I wanted to take it once again. The sensation I receive after a practice of yoga is astonishing. 
The things we practice in yoga can be applied to everyday situations. During a calculus test, or a really busy day at work, I thinking about past practices and do some breathing exercises. Breathing aids me in reaching a sense of equanimity. Calm under pressure, which was a state that I couldn’t reach a couple of years ago. 
This may be a bit far stretched, but I honestly believe that practicing yoga on a daily basis has helped improve my grades. I went from being an average student into becoming an above average student earning A's and B's. 
My first two years of high school weren't all that great. But my last two, when I started practicing yoga, were great. Yoga was taught me that the way I do anything is the way I do everything. If I feel strong on the mat and I have a balanced locus of control, then I feel the same way in everything that I do. I feel strong and confident about my grades, which parallels to how I feel on the mat. I found equilibrium on the mat, which eventually helped me find equilibrium in life. Especially during the period when I had to complete a lot of college applications...but even that went smoothly. 
I love yoga. It's become a great impact on my life, which is filled with nothing but bliss. I am excited to become a yoga teacher and to teach others the wonders of yoga and how the philosophy can be applied both on and off the mat. Yoga is a sensation that I am unable to receive anywhere else. These emotions I sense should be shared among everyone else in the world, from local to global.
Have an amazing yoga-tastic day!

-Karina A
Acknowledgement
Dear lululemon athletica, Rob, and Alison: 
Thank you for your generous donation to In-Powered's metta grant application, and for making the trip to visit our training in Houston! What inspires me the most about becoming a yoga teacher is the capacity to sway the sense of relaxation that I receive while doing yoga onto others around me. And, because of your willingness to support my training, I am now ready to follow this new path onto becoming a yoga instructor. Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my blog entry. I so look forward to sharing my energy amongst others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment